How to I add multiple parts to an assessment?
Go to Tests & Quizzes.
Select the Tests & Quizzes tool from the Tool Menu in your site.
Select an assessment.
Parts may be added to any assessment. Select an existing assessment or create a new one.
Create a New Assessment.
For more information on creating new assessments, see How do I create an assessment?
Or edit an existing assessment.
Click Add Part.
Click Add Part hyperlink, located right next to Add Question.
Add a Title.
Type a title into the text box provided.
Note: If the part title is marked as the Default, the title will not appear to assessment takers.
Add Information. (Optional)
Use the text box provided to type Information about the created part.
Add attachment. (Optional)
Click Add Attachments to browse for and select a file attachment if desired.
Select Part Type.
Choose the option to author questions one-on-one or select random draw from question pool.
If "questions authored one-by-one" is selected, the following options will display.
Select the radio button to order the questions As listed on Assessment Questions page, or to order them Random within Part.
If "random draw from question pool" is selected, the following options will display.
- Enter the number of questions to draw from the selected question pool.
- Select the question pool from the drop-down menu.
- Choose to either randomize student questions each time an assessment is submitted or randomize student questions once for all submissions.
- Enter the point value for correct answers on each question. Note that all questions in this random draw must be worth the same amount of points.
- (Optional) For True/False and Multiple Choice, Single Correct questions, you may also enter a negative point value if a question is answered incorrectly.
Note: Point values entered here override any value that was specified for individual questions in the corresponding Question Pool.
Add Metadata. (Optional)
Enter Metadata, such as the objective, keyword, and rubric, into the text boxes provided.
Click Save to save the question (or Cancel to exit).