Version 2.6-ox4.0 of WebLearn was released on Tuesday July 20th 2010.
An upgrade was successfully completed on Tuesday the 20th of July 2010. The service was unavailable for a few minutes between 8 and 8.30am.
- Users can now become members of 'Joinable' sites by simply visiting the site - previously one had to join via the 'Memberships' tool in 'My Workspace'.
- 'Tasks, Tests and Surveys' has been renamed as 'Tests'.
- New 'Survey Beta' tool added - this tool was previously called 'Evaluations'. Please note that there are still a few issues with this tool hence its Beta status.
- 'oAuth' authentication now available for files stored in 'Resources'.
- IMS Content Packages of less than 60MB can now be uploaded into Resources via 'Site Info' > 'Import From File', please note that this is now the preferred export route from Old WebLearn.
- The 'fairuse' copyright link has been changed to point at the JISC Legal website.
All these bug fixes are for 'Survey Beta' (aka 'Evaluations')
- N/A option now appears correctly.
- Email addresses are now checked to see if they are of the correct format on the 'Survey Setup.' page.
- The email link on 'Evaluation Responders' page now works correctly.
- Clicking on envelope icon on the 'My Surveys' page now works correctly.
- The 'Results' link in the "results now available" email now works correctly.
Two tools, 'Blogger' and 'Presentations' will soon not be supported by the Sakai community therefore we have taken the decision to remove them from the tools list. Both tools will still continue to work but no new instances can be added. They will be removed when we move to WebLearn version 2.7-ox1 sometime next year (2011).
Both 'Blogger' and 'Presentations' were listed as 'Secondary Tools' in the WebLearn Service Level Description.