Detailed Release Notes - WebLearn - Version 2.6-ox8 - 12 July 2011
New WebLearn was upgraded on 12th July 2011 to version 2.6-ox8.
- When sites are copied, a simple search and replace of references to the old site are replaced with references to the new site. In the past links to documents in the new site would point to documents stored within the old site. Note that we have discovered a handful of cases where the reference is not replaced - these will be fixed with release of 2.6-ox8.1.
- Announcements viewed in Mobile Oxford now include links to attachments
- In Resources, on the 'Properties' page, the 'Use copyright information below' now has an associated textbox in which to enter the aforementioned copyright information
- The Sign-Up tool has been translated into English - Americanisms have been removed
- The Access View of Resources now correctly renders the Display Name of Weblink if the owner has left the university
- Announcements /direct URLs now work correctly.
- The Access View of Resources now resizes the embedded iframe
- There is now a link to 'My Scales' - this allows one to create (and consequently reuse) one's own rating scales
- Results can now be downloaded when using Internet Explorer
- Users can now choose whether to send an initial email notification of a survey
- When adding multiple choice question or multiple answer questions the "rating scale text" from the previous user of the system is no longer displayed
- The link within an email message to view the results of a survey now works correctly
- The 'mouse-over hover text' for rating scales is now correct
- A better error message is now shown when one does not have permission to complete a survey
- The 'Incorrect date' error message has been corrected
- A note has been placed at the top of the survey to indicate whether answers may be changed after submission
- The on-screen text about the timing of when survey notification is sent has been corrected
- The error message that is displayed when one attempts to add an Oxford user as an external has been improved
- The error message that is displayed when a survey is not assigned to a group is now more informative
- On the 'Survey Settings' page the label "Survey reminders" has been changed to "Survey Notification and Reminders"
- When the visibility of survey results is set to either 'Private' or 'Public' the checkboxes that appear below are now greyed out as they are irrelevant
- References to the 'hierarchy' (on "Settings" page) is no longer displayed if hierarchy is not used
- If displayed, the option to "Allow questions to be left unanswered" is now pre-ticked by default
- When configuring a survey, the 'view/edit initial notification' link now goes straight to edit page
- When configuring a survey, the 'view/edit reminder' link now goes straight to edit page
- On the 'view/edit initial notification' page, the parameter key has been moved under the edit panel
- On the 'view/edit reminder message' page, the parameter key has been moved under the edit panel
- More books now display availability info - a bug was discovered and fixed
- The 'Notes' field is now shown in the default view since this information is considered to be important.
- The 'Edition' of a book is now shown in the default view since this information is considered to be important.
- 'Search Library Catalogue' now works when using Internet Explorer
SES (Module Sign-up) Tool
- Module search now works in Internet Explorer 8
- Course details now have the potential to be displayed to the general public. (This facility is not yet active as departments have to vet their courses first.)
- Module sign-up from search now works in Internet Explorer 9