New Version of WebLearn Released
New WebLearn was upgraded on 12th April 2011 to version 2.6-ox7.
- Importing a Reading List in RIS format now displays item title
- FLV (video) files can now be played through the News Tool
- 'Album Art' now included in Oxford Podcast picker
- WebDAV instructions have been added for Windows 7 & MacOS 10.5 and 10.6
- When the Podcasts tool makes a public folder in Resources it no longer leaves it in an inconsistent state
- WebContent tool now display the correct wording on the page
- QRCode image within Polls Tool now uses https instead of http so mixed content warnings will no longer be generated
- The destination of the 'copyright' link on the 'Upload Files' page was incorrect and has now been changed to point at the JISClegal site
- The explanatory text about copyright has been improved.
Survey Beta Tool Improvements
- When login is required to view survey results, the correct login page is now displayed and if you do not have permission to see the results a sensible message is displayed.
- The message explaining who can edit a public template message is now correct
- The envelope icon (to email participants) is now present in Chrome and Safari
- A label has been added to "send manual reminder" column on Survey Tool dashboard
- The correct version information is now shown at the foot of the page
- 'Create ad-hoc group' page wording has been corrected
- Many display problems specific to Internet Explorer have now been fixed.
- 'supervisor' has been changed to 'tutor'
- The 'copy' and 'close now' links are now underlined on "templates" page
- The problems with being able to see previously supplied answers when answering a public survey have now been fixed
- When a survey is deleted the results can no longer be viewed
- The wording about surveys to respond to on Survey Dashboard page has been clarified
- The "all roles may take survey" explanatory text has been improved
- 'Login to WebLearn' has been replaced with 'Login' on the 'Create Survey' page
SES (Module Sign-up) Improvements
- Issue warning when course administrator is close to over allocating a course
- Present more information about the student in the supervisor and administrator interfaces
- Administrator to have single click to enable them to email all accepted students
- Migration to the new DAISY database structure
- Allow the supervisor to be set in manual (batch) enrolment of students to a course.
- The pop-up help has been updated
- Allow previously run modules to be found via the search interface
- Add start and end teaching dates to display of module parts (this depends on the dates being entered into DAISY)
- Students can now withdraw from module via the WebLearn interface
- Sub-units now appear in Divisional hierarchy of Departments in WebLearn (eg, Physics Department sub-units)
- Teaching components now sorted on the title (instead of displaying them in an ever-changing random order(!))
- "Nothing for this option" label (on register page) now hidden as it is confusing, (we now present a checkbox when there is only one option and radio buttons when there are multiple options)
- The name of the teaching component has been added to the title of the module parts.
Unfortunately we have discovered that one of the new facilities does not work as intended, please ignore the link to Mobile Oxford on the Sign-up Tool pages. This link is an icon of a mobile phone and is suppose to generate an m.ox URL and QR code in the same way as the Polls Tool (but currently doesn't).
Mobile Oxford can still be used to access Sign-up Tool sessions: visit m.ox.ac.uk and click on the WebLearn icon and then follow the instructions on the screen.