New Version of WebLearn Released
New WebLearn was upgraded on 1st February 2011 to version 2.6-ox6.1, this includes the delayed upgrade to the Surveys Beta tool.
- Surveys Beta tool improvements:
- all mentions of 'Questionnaire' and 'Questionnaire Template' have been changed to 'Template'
- one no longer has to close a survey to view the results
- 'Assign to Survey Groups' label changed to 'Assign to WebLearn site participants'
- maintainers & contributors can now respond to a survey if so desired
- username has been added to the "who took this survey" CSV download
- the word "Lecturer" has been changed to "Lecturer (ie, maintainer / contributor)"
- New tool called 'Oxford Podcasts' now available, this includes a wizard for browsing and selecting Oxford Podcasts for inclusion on a site
- Pop-up help added for Student Enrolment System (SES)
- '(Webdav)' has been added to the end of 'Upload download multiple resources' label in 'Resources'
- One can now join / leave a site via Site Info
- Scores can be exported as a CSV file from the Tests tool
- Surveys Beta tool bug fixes
- taking survey after end date but before extension date no longer gives an error
- prior to publishing a survey, selected sites and groups no longer reports that the survey has '0 members' (unfortunately there are still problems with counting the number of recipients when ad-hoc groups are used)
- improved error message when a problem is encountered
- List of questions on a template now refreshes correctly
- The 'Notifications and reminders' label in the Survey reminders section on the Survey settings now just says 'Reminders' (this reflects that one cannot stop initial notifications from being sent)
- the survey author no longer has to assign the survey to a group if the survey doesn't require a login
- when login is required to view results the login page is now displayed
- it is now clear that an initial notification of a survey is always sent whereas the sending reminders can be configured by the user
- public template message is now correct: only WebLearn administrators can edit public templates
- can now supply SSO username when building an ad hoc group
- envelope icon on 'Current Surveys' now displays in Internet Explorer and Opera (but not Chrome)
- email addresses of users without WebLearn accounts are now shown within ad-hoc groups (instead of internal identifiers)
- manual reminders can now be sent
- selecting 'login to WebLearn' & supplying an email address with no corresponding WebLearn account as part of an ad hoc group is no longer possible
- email templates can now contain "IF" blocks
- view results page is no longer cached, previously a cached version of the page saying "results not yet available" was seen in error
- 'Administrate' link no longer displayed to non-administrators
- Editing a file using webDAV no longer silently changes group access to a file (this does not apply to Apple Mac users)
- oAuth 'Authorise / Deny' page is now much larger on a mobile device
- Participant group picker now says UAS instead of Central Administration
- Tests & Quizzes pop-up help now removed
- Missing resource key on 'Show other sites' in 'Resources' no longer missing
- Title of SES help is now "Student Enrolment System (SES)"