Students can sometimes find themselves faced with personal problems and need expert advice. Remember that a whole range of people – supervisors, college advisers, etc. – may be ready, not necessarily to solve your problem, but to advise you on where to turn to for appropriate help. So too, colleges may have a range of designated college counsellors. College chaplains, nurses, and doctors are also experienced in helping with student problems of many kinds. The University Counselling Service  – telephone: (2)70300 – assists members of the University who are experiencing psychological stress. Appointments can be made either by telephone or by calling in person at their offices (3 Worcester Street); you do not need a referral from your GP or anybody else. The office of the Service is open Monday to Friday from 9.15 am to 5.15 pm throughout the year, except for short periods in the vacations which are publicized in the Gazette well in advance.